A file cabinet locking bar? So what is it? Do you want to keep your office space organized and secure? How can? Let’s use a file cabinet locking bar. These bars are designed for use with cabinets, drawers, and similar applications. They have locks on them. Thus, they can help you guard your boards when not in use, which prevents any unwanted tampering or theft. They are quite easy to apply so that you can do it at home on your own.
We have done all the research so that you do not have to! The following article will list five of the top file cabinet locking bars available for purchase, as well as discuss their advantages and disadvantages so you can make an informed decision before you buy it. Enjoy this guide! And do not forget to visit our website for more reviews on many other products.
File Cabinet Locking Bar Reviews 2022
- Single access code - one easy to manage code for all users
- Lock is easily programmed via keypad without removing lock from the door
First, let’s dive into the first type: Kaba C9602-26D-41. This model comes from a brand called Kaba. The Kaba C9602-26D-41 has some great features that will make it perfect for use in your office. One of the most favorable aspects of this product is that you can lock it without taking the lock off the door. This means that security is maintained even when you are not on site. Sounds good?
One more thing, you can easily program the keypad on the lock without removing the lock from the door. Even if you do not have programming skills, this will not be an issue. This is one of the more unique features of this model, and it is what sets it apart from others. The non-handed design is also unique.
The only concerning thing about this product is that there are certain models which do not have a key override feature. It would be nice for there to be more options available since not everyone wants to use a keypad for everything. And the customers can choose what they prefer.
– It has a non-handed design which makes it convenient for users.
– You can lock it without taking the lock off the door.
– You can program the keypad easily.
– Some models do not have a key override feature. This may be an issue for someone.
ABUS File Bar for 5 drawers
- File Cabinet Bar: Easily secure drawer filing cabinets and restrict access to sensitive data in your office; Just close the locking mechanism and lock the bar with one of our padlocks
- Drawer Cabinet Bar: File cabinet locking bar is constructed of long lasting and durable 16 gauge steel; Reversible for left or right side mounting; 5 Drawer file bar with built in spring loaded hinge
ABUS is a famous brand that makes high-quality keys, keypads, and other related products. And they produce a type of file cabinet locking bar. The ABUS File Bar for 5 drawers is one of their most famous models. It has enclosed ends. This is an interesting and modern design. It can significantly help reduce possible damages due to shipping.
In addition, the file locking bar has a knob in the center so that you can open it easily and smoothly. It also keeps the inside of your cabinet secure. When you reverse this knob, you can change the way the file locking bar mounts on the cabinet: right or left. Thus, you do not have to take it apart anymore.
The ABUS File Bar for 5 drawers is a great option for securing your business data. The locking mechanism can be closed while you are filing documents or while somebody is trying to access the drawers, which prevents them from accessing sensitive data.
The manufacturer made this ABUS File Bar for 5 drawers from heavy 16-gauge steel. From the main bar to the hinges, all of them are made of 16-gauge steel. Each bar contains all mounting screws that are constructed of strong steel. The hinges are made of excellent quality and can be easily opened at any time.
They have models for 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 drawers.
– The locking bar can easily mount on the right or left side
– Drawers are lockable and enclosed to protect documents from thieves
– Quality hinges with locking lug mechanism
– Knob is in the center for easy operation.
– It is highly durable and long-lasting.
– It looks modern and has enclosed ends to reduce shipping damages.
– Locking mechanism can be closed while filing documents which prevents others from accessing sensitive data.
– All hinges are locking lugs of 16-gauge steel meaning that the file bar will not be easily opened even with a lock.
This file bar may not be suitable for small businesses as it requires a larger footprint to place a lock on both sides of the cabinet.
Progressive FCL-5 for 5 drawers
- For use with 5 Drawer File Cabinet
- Spring Open Action
This is a good security bar for your file cabinet: the Progressive FCL-5 for 5 drawers. There are many benefits to this particular security bar, which include the reversible option to be either on the left or right side of the cabinet. This is also helpful because you cannot access your drawers while it is installed. Without this feature, if you want to get an item out, you will need someone else to help. You cannot do it on your own. The installation process is easy and there is no need to open the file drawers during installation. With it comes a spring-loaded hinge that swings open when unlocked.
It is painted powder-coated steel silver with a bright orange inner slide. The metal is very sturdy, and it provides excellent security for our files. It can be locked without opening the drawers, which is also convenient when you are in a hurry.
Most importantly, this model comes with a security bar that locks every drawer together but makes them easy to open when unlocked.
The Progressive FCL-5 for 5 drawers is a versatile and convenient set of drawers for any size of filing needs. The cabinet has a spring open action to make it easy to access the contents. Even though this product is not discontinued by the manufacturer, it still provides one of the best value for money purchases. One of the downfalls of this model is that it can be a little less sturdy, but considering its price and size, it provides great value.
However, you may want to note that this is not a padlock. It only works with a 40mm padlock, which is not included in the purchase. And you have to choose the right size of the padlock.
– This product is versatile and easy to use.
– The installation process is quick, simple, and there is no need to access the drawers during installation.
– There are many benefits including not needing a lock because it locks them together at each of the open points of the file drawers.
– It offers the reversible option to be either on the left or right side of the cabinet.
Despite its versatility, this model maybe a little less sturdy than other models on the market
Guardian File Cabinet Locking Bar for 4 drawers
- PROTECT YOUR IMPORTANT PAPERS AND MEET PRIVACY REGULATIONS with this Guardian brand 4 drawer file locking bar. SOLID CONSTRUCTION! Constructed of 16-gauge steel with durable beige powder coat finish. If you have a beige file cabinet, this will match your cabinet much better than the ABUS File locking bar, which is gray.
- EASY INSTALLATION! Takes about 5 minutes to install. MOUNTS TO THE 1/2" FRAME AROUND YOUR METAL FILE CABINET. Reversible for left or right side mounting (screws included).
Next, we move to a brand called Guardian: Guardian File Cabinet Locking Bar for 4 drawers. This is a solid locking bar that is made from 16-gauge steel. The beige powder coat finish gives it a durable feel, and the color will match up with most beige filing cabinets. The manufacturer paid attention to the customer’s desire for beauty. However, you will need a cobalt drill bit to make holes for screws when installing this product which comes with the purchase.
It is easy to install and it mounts right around the ½ inch (about 1.3 cm) metal frame of a metal filing cabinet. This locking bar is reversible for left or right-side mounting, and it has a spring-loaded hinge that holds the bar open when unlocked so as not to interfere with opening or closing drawers. When you are done for the day, just close the bar, lower the handle, and lock with a padlock (not included). You also receive a cobalt drill bit with this product which you can use to make the necessary holes.
This Guardian brand 4-drawer file locking bar works well and is easy to use, especially since the bar is spring-loaded to remain open when unlocked so as not to interfere with opening or closing the filing cabinet drawer. The price of the locking bar is also on the higher end for similar products.
This is a high-quality product at a low price. This locking bar is an excellent safety measure for any employee who handles private data. It is easy to install, simple to use, and does not require batteries or a padlock to lock tightly. It is a stylish product that works well with most filing cabinets. The only downside about this model is the length of time it takes to install, but considering its low price and high quality, it is still a great deal.
– It has 16-gauge steel, durable powder coat finish.
– It has a beige color for any beige file cabinet that matches up well with most filing cabinets.
– It can mount on the left or right side of the metal frame and is reversible.
– It has a spring-loaded hinge to keep the bar open and not interfere with the opening and closing drawers.
– A drill bit (cobalt) is included in purchase; make holes for screws when installing the product.
– You cannot just use the padlock that comes with it. You have to purchase a separate lock for this product.
– Installation time is longer than average, but considering the size and quality, value for money is excellent.
– Beige color matches many filing cabinets, though not all. So please check your filing cabinet before you buy it.
Major File Cabinet Locking Bar for 4 drawers
- 4 Drawer Filing Cabinet Bar
- Red stripe indicates open or closed
And the last one mentioned here is Major File Cabinet Locking Bar for 4 drawers. The locking bar is made out of steel. Thus, it is sturdy but quite lightweight. It has a red stripe on it which lets you know whether something is open or closed. Therefore, this can help prevent accidents.
The length of the locking bar is 49 ½ inches (about 125.7 cm). This makes it suitable for most cabinets. It is compatible with most steel cabinets so if you have a lot of metal furniture, it is great for forcing them shut. When the bar is inserted in the cabinet, it creates a tight seal so nothing can fly out or come up at you when walking past. This file cabinet locking bar can guard your data very well.
However, if you do not have a padlock, the bar can only keep your cabinets closed. And because the bar is straight, it can slip out of the application. Thus, you may want to invest in a padlock or other similar products. This helps maximize efficiency.
Overall, the locking bar is a good buy. It does what it needs to do and it saves a lot of time. Why? Because you can lock the drawer instead of locking the whole cabinet. It has a “red stripe” that indicates whether or not it is open or closed. This is also a good choice that you can consider.
– The length of the locking bar is 49 ½ inches. This makes it easy to use on most cabinets. It is also compatible with most steel cabinets or drawers. So that if you have a lot of metal furniture, this Major File Cabinet Locking Bar for 4 drawers can easily keep your contents safe.
– The locking bar is made out of steel which is very sturdy, but not too heavy.
– The red stripe on the bar lets you know whether something is open or closed which helps prevent accidents.
– When the bar is inserted in the cabinet, it creates a tight seal so nothing can fly out or come up at you when walking past.
– It comes packaged nicely and looks professional.
– If you do not have a padlock, the bar will only work to keep cabinets closed. You have to purchase one to increase the protection level of your file cabinet locking bar.
– The bar is straight and may slip out of cabinets that are not locked down.
– It may not lock well with cabinets that are not steel or metal.
What Are File Cabinet Locking Bar Benefits?
It protects your files
File Cabinet Locking Bar is a great way to keep your cabinets and drawers closed. If you have sensitive data, you may need this locking bar to prevent it from other people.
It is easy to use and helps you save time
You can lock the drawers without having to use two hands, which could be very helpful if you have other things in the room that need attention. This bar does what it needs to do and saves time because you can lock the drawer instead of locking the whole cabinet. The application is easy and quick.
The only disadvantage is that if you do not have a padlock, then this bar will only work on steel or metal cabinets. Therefore, you should use a padlock or using something else besides this bar to hold the cabinet shut since it may slip out of not-steel/metal cabinets. If there were no downsides at all, this would be an amazing purchase!
5 Factors To Consider When Choosing File Cabinet Locking Bar
Before you decide on which File Cabinet Locking Bar to buy, you must consider the factors below:
The locking bar is made out of good steel. This makes it sturdy and quite lightweight. You use a locking bar to keep your content safe. So that you may want a durable, long-lasting one.
Type of Cabinet
The locking bar will only work for metal or steel cabinets. If your cabinet is not one of those materials then this may not be the best choice for you. Some people also consider the color of the locking bar to ensure the bar and the cabinet match in color.
This can vary depending on where you purchase it from or the brand of the locking bar. Comparing the prices from suppliers to choose the most reasonable one. Your budget also plays an important role when choosing the right locking bar for you. You should consider carefully before making payment.
It should be fitted correctly so that anyone trying to open the drawer or cabinet will have their hands slapped because this bar prevents them from opening up everything. You should measure the size of your cabinet before you choose a locking bar.
Quality and Durability
This depends on the brand and company you buy it from. The prices may depend on this feature. You may want to consider those brands above, which include: Kaba, ABUS, Progressive, Guardian, and Major.
FAQs About File Cabinet Locking Bar
Here are some frequently asked questions and the answers you may wonder before purchasing a locking bar:
Is a file cabinet locking bar the best option for me?
Yes, a locking bar is one of the best ways to keep your cabinets and drawers closed and keep your data secure.
Where can I buy it from?
Locking bars can be found on online stores like Amazon or other hardware stores that sell locks and keys. Search it on the internet or in your neighborhood. You can easily purchase one.
What are the other options to keep my cabinets and drawers closed besides a locking bar?
You can use other objects like rubber bands or duct tape if you do not have a padlock for steel and metal cabinets, or if your cabinets are not made out of steel or metal. Only steel or metal cabinets can be fitted with this locking bar.
How do I know if it is fitted correctly?
If when you try opening the drawer or cabinet the bar is stopping you from opening it, then it is fitted correctly. It should be fitted correctly so that anyone trying to open the drawer or cabinet will have their hands slapped because this bar prevents them from opening up everything.
Will this work only on steel and metal cabinets, not another material like plastic, wood, etc.?
This locking bar will only work if your cabinet is made out of metal or steel. If this is not the case, there are other choices you can make.
Is there anything else I should know before buying a file cabinet locking bar?
Yes! You have to make sure that any items are placed in an area where they will not block the bar. So that you can open it up when necessary. Please check the measurement of your application before investing in a locking bar.
If you have been looking for a file cabinet locking bar to keep your steel or metal cabinets and drawers closed, then this may be the right product for you. It is convenient and effective. This steel-made locking bar is durable enough to last as long as possible without breaking or bending, but not too heavy so it will not weigh down your cabinet.
Are there any downsides? Yes. It only works with metal or steel cabinets that have no handles on them because of how well they fit together securely. If this sounds like a good option for you, we recommend purchasing one from Amazon today! A file cabinet locking bar is one of the best ways to protect your contents from other people or animals. However, you have to make sure that any items are placed in an area where they won block the bar so that you can open it up when necessary.