Clothes on a clothesline are meant to be breezy and light, but in the middle of winter, they can become heavy and burdensome. They’re also more likely to fall off the line if it’s too cold or windy outside. If you’ve ever had your favorite shirt tumble into the snow, then this best homemade anti rattle hitch is for you!
You’re driving down the road and your trailer starts to rattle. This is a nightmare for any driver, but it’s especially bad if you’re in an area where there are lots of other cars on the road or pedestrians walking around.
We‘ll look at how it works and its many benefits before giving our verdict on whether or not this product is worth buying for yourself or as a gift for someone else who loves their clothesline just as much as we do.
Best Homemade Anti Rattle Hitch Reviews 2021
Mission Automotive Hitch Tightener
- A SMOOTH AND QUIET TOWING EXPERIENCE: Our PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA hitch tightener stops wobbling, rocking, banging and jerking caused by sloppy/ill-fitting receivers or uneven loading, providing a smooth, quiet towing or carrying experience
- EASY INSTALL: Easily no rattle hitch stabilizer installs on Class I, II, III or IV hitches that measure 1.25" or 2" (will not work on 2.5"+). Our anti rattle hitch lock made from powder-coated, heavy-duty galvanized steel, meaning it will never rust
Mission Automotive Hitch Tightener is one of the best hitch tighteners for vehicles. With a two-point pivot system, this adjustable hitch tightener can be tightened and loosened easily.
The ratcheting mechanism adjusts to the desired tension on one side while it rests against the other. This stops all movement between itself and the receiver tube.
Mission Automotive Hitch Tightener is made of aluminum alloy that’s tough for any uneven surface and resistant to rust. And with a self-locking mechanism, it is impossible for the hitch tighteners to open up on their own.
The Hitch Tightener can be adjusted from 1 3/4 inches to 2 3/4 inches between the jaws of the tightening tool to better fit your receiver tube.
The installation process is very easy because it only requires you to measure the width of your receiver (1.25″ or 2″). The all-metal construction makes this product durable as it will never rust.
If you are looking for a hitch tightener that is compatible with many tow/carry vehicles then this is the one for you. It can be used on any trailer, racks, or carrier and works with different ball mounts and racks from a wide variety of companies.
Mission Automotive Hitch Tightener is a perfect anti-rattle hitch. It can be used on a wide range of items and won’t break the bank. The price point of this Mission Auto Hitch Tightener is great but it really shines with its functionality.
We have found that for boats, motorcycles, and dirt bikes it works well as long as they are properly secured. For cars and bicycles, it does a good job at eliminating excess movement that may result in damage to the mount or rack.
It does need to be tightened tightly so if you can’t do it yourself, you should find someone with larger hands to tighten the screw for you.
This is a must-have for anyone towing anything. We would highly recommend this product without hesitation.
-Easy installation process.
-Made of aluminum alloy for durability and rust resistance.
-Does not work with every type of vehicle.
-May need to find someone with bigger hands to tighten the screw.
CZC AUTO Hitch Tightener
- CZC AUTO hitch tightener equiped with heavy duty φ0.4" U-bolt and 0.28" thick black powder coated plate anti-rattle stabilizer, can undertake all weather condition, rust free.
- Reduce rattle and movement for hitch tray, cargo carrier, bike rack, trailer ball mount with brands curt,highland, goplus, pro series, rola, yakima, thule, etc. Can help to decrease noise and give you a quiet world when towing.
CZC AUTO Hitch Tightener is a good product because it can decrease noise and give you a quiet world when towing.
We like how easy this tow clamp is to install, just after inserting the tube, lock them directly by U-bolt and plate, put on original spring washers, flat washers, and fasten by nuts, then done.
The anti-rattle stabilizer can be used in all weather conditions and it makes hooking up a trailer ball mount or cargo carrier much easier by reducing the rattle noise when you’re towing.
It also makes hooking up a trailer ball mount or cargo carrier much easier by reducing the rattle noise when you’re towing.
CZC anti-rattle stabilizer is made from heavy-duty steel with a four-point contact design and spring-loaded adjustable top plate that wraps around your class three hitch pin, effectively eliminating any sway or movement of the pin or coupler.
This product is a perfect solution to prevent movement in the hitch, swaying, and bouncing of cargo carriers and trailers.
CZC anti-rattle tow hitch stabilizer clamp tightener 2 pack can fit for 1″ and 2-inch receiver tube(Class III Receiver Tube), this is a maximum carrying capacity of up to 3500 pounds.
Making sure that your hitch has the appropriate tension can help reduce noise while traveling which makes this product an effective tool for any traveler.
The installation process is very easy. Simply insert the tube into your hitch and use the U-bolt to attach it which locks it in place using fasteners with nuts on each side.
The CZC Hitch Tightener is made of high-quality materials and can be used for all hitches, except those that are physically attached to the vehicle (solid steel receiver tubes).
-Easy installation process
-Prevents movement in your trailer hitch and swaying, makes it easier to tow by minimizing any bouncing
-Doesn’t work for all hitches
LIBERRWAY Hitch Tightener
- ★ Anti-rattle hitch tightener was designed to completely eliminate hitch noise, wobble, rattle and hitch movement for cargo carriers, hitch receiver, trailer ball mounts, bike racks, hitch racks, etc. Enjoy your quiet towing experience.
- ★ Great ideal for hitchs on trucks, suv's, vans, RV's and trailers. Easily installs with Class I, II, III or IV (1, 2, 3 or 4) hitches that measure either 1.25" and 2" (will not work on 2.5" or larger hitch)
If you have a hitch receiver that makes noise or wobbles, then this product is for you. It works with all class 1-4 hitches. The item includes a heavy-duty steel bolt and powder-coated plate to prevent rusting.
Install this product by following the instruction in the picture. Whether you want to mount it from the top or the bottom of your hitch, this product can do it all.
All you need are Class 1-4 (I, II, III, or IV) hitch receivers measuring either 1.25″ and 2″ (will not work on 2).5″ or larger hitch receivers.
For your safety, this product includes spring lock washers and flat metal washers that help to secure the item tightly into place.
This is a perfect item for trailers, bikes racks, cargo carriers, and ball mounts. If you want your items to be secure, this anti-rattle hitch tightener will do a great job.
The anti-rattle hitch tightener has been in use since it arrived and there is no sound coming out of it. The Liberway hitch tightener is well constructed and strong enough to fit into your 2″ receiver. It also does not take much time to install and tighten the unit.
This is a great product that is made to completely eliminate hitch noise, wobble, rattle, and hitch movement for cargo carriers. It also completely eliminated the problem of the hitch pin and receiver coming loose.
We would highly recommend this best homemade anti rattle hitch to anyone. When installing it you won’t need any special tools or anything so if you’re looking for a quick fix then this one’s for you.
– Reduces hitch noise, wobble, and rattle.
– The item includes a heavy-duty steel bolt and powder-coated plate to prevent rusting.
– Anti Rattle Hitch Tightener will fit all hitches that are 1.25″ or 2″ (will not work on 2.5″.)
– Cannot use this with Class 3 receiver hitch receivers measuring greater than 2″, but can be used for RV trailers and cargo carriers
Everything Automobiles Rubber Coated Hitch Tightener
- ✔️ Anti-Rattle Hitch reducing noise so you can enjoy your drive
- ✔️ Tow Hitch Accessories are a great cheap fix to enhance your driving experience whilst using cargo carriers, hitch receivers, trailer ball mounts, bike racks, hitch racks and more
This hitch tightener is a great way to keep your cargo safe during transport. It will reduce the noise that can be made by rattling cargo so you and everybody else in the car can enjoy their drive.
This hitch tightener is also the perfect silencer for a smooth, comfortable journey. It’s easy to install and will fit most class I II III or IV (1, 2, 3, or 4) hitches that measure either 1.25 inches and 2 inches (will not work on hitches larger than 2.5 inches).
The best way to describe this product is a cheap fix that will enhance your driving experience. This product is very easy to install and it works great for any type of hitch you have.
It is the perfect size to fit in any car. There are two sizes available: 1.25 inch and 2-inch hitches – so please make sure you order the right size for your hitch.
The small one is great to put inside your car because it doesn’t make unnecessary noise. It will also help keep dust and dirt out of the inside of your vehicle, which for a car lover really is like finding gold!
The Hitch Tightener will eliminate any rattling you get from your trailer or bike rack. We find that you will be able to enjoy your drive a lot more when you have this product installed because the noises are gone and there are no vibrations.
This trailer hitch stabilizer will end your noise issues as it prevents the clatter caused by most attachments. All you need is one simple installation and your problem is solved!
– Easy to install
– Eliminates any rattling you get from your trailer or bike rack
– Makes a smooth, comfortable journey
– Works great for any type of hitch
-The only con is that it will not work on hitches larger than 2.5 inches
Mockins Hitch Mount Cargo Carrier Anti Rattle Hitch Tightener
- 🚚 REDUCE RATTLING - the mockins anti rattle hitch pin was created to reduce and eliminate all the noise and wobble from all types of hitch mounted carriers such as cargo carriers , hitch receivers , trailer ball mounts , bike racks and motorcycle racks
Mockins Hitch Mount is an excellent product. It’s made of heavy-duty material that will keep it in great condition no matter the weather.
The quality is very durable and rust-resistant so it doesn’t matter how humid or wet the weather becomes how fast it will last.
You can also trust this simple design will keep it going for a very long time.
The unit is simple to install and can be used with most cargo carriers on most cars. It has a universal fit and is made out of strong steel that will not break or rust.
The thing with this one is that the anti-rattle is really tight. It’s not going to go anywhere, so it helps for the safety part of it because you don’t want to be taking your eye off the road at any point in time.
It can accidentally bump into somebody else or miss your turn and have them constantly knocking against something that’s fixed in the vehicle.
If you’re looking for a good hitch-mounted cargo carrier, then you should get this. It’s clean and neat looking.
– The best thing about this product is the quality, which is very durable and rust-resistant.
– It’s an easy installation process that will fit most cargo carriers on most cars.
– The unit is simple to install and can be used with most cargo carriers on most cars.
– It has a universal fit and is made out of strong steel that will not break or rust.
– The anti-rattle is really tight.
Best Homemade Anti Rattle Hitch Benefits
The best homemade anti-rattle hitch is made from a length of rope. The rope should be just long enough to reach around the trailer and tie to itself at the front and back, looping back on itself so that it doesn’t slip through the loops.
This hitch can also be used for tying down loads on flatbed trailers. This type of hitch has been in use since ancient times, especially by sailors who had no access to other materials or tools while at sea.
It is simple but strong, so it’s perfect for hauling heavy loads over rough ground without having them shift or rattle about too much during transit. The best thing about this type of hitch is that you can quickly undo it when you need to remove the load.
The best thing about this product is that it can be customized to fit your needs. For example, if you live in a windy area and want something that will hold securely against gusts, you can add a few extra loops or use the heavier rope.
If you have a trailer with an unlevel load bed, you may need to use some shims to get the hitch at the right height on each side of the tongue. And if there’s not enough slack when hooking up, just cut off any excess chain and save it for next time!
The best homemade anti-rattle hitch may be a simple device, but it can make life so much easier. The idea behind the homemade anti-rattle hitch is to create a friction point when you’re driving that will keep things from rattling around in your vehicle.
It’s an easy way to ensure that items like tools or groceries don’t move around while you drive and potentially cause damage. The best part? You can easily make one yourself!
It takes about 15 minutes to assemble and install the rattle hitch on any size trailer, including small trailers for bicycles or motorcycles. (You just need a few basic hand tools.)
There are no moving parts or electric connections to malfunction. It’s completely adaptable. When not in use, the best homemade anti-rattle hitch can be removed quickly and easily.
Most homemade anti-rattle hitches can work independently of the trailer’s coupler and work with a wide range of trailers, including horse trailers, popup campers, and utility trailers
It uses tension against the vehicle’s hitch receiver to hold it securely in place. If you happen to go over a bump or come close to running into something, it will simply bounce back without causing damage.
Factors To Consider When Choosing Best Homemade Anti Rattle Hitch
If you are in the market for a new hitch and have been considering purchasing one of those “homemade” anti rattle hitches, then this article is for you.
There are many ways to create a durable, high-quality hitch without spending a lot of money or having any special skills. The following paragraphs will explore some of these methods so that you can choose which would work best for your needs.
Type Of Vehicle
Consider what type of vehicle it will be installed on: If your vehicle has an open bed with no stake pockets or cleats, then installing an anti-rattle device may be much easier than if your vehicle has stake pockets or cleats.
If so, you may need to cut threaded rods to the correct length and install washers and nuts on each end so that they can be screwed into place. And don’t forget to use lock washers!
Now that you know what type of vehicle it will be installed on, check to see what type of connection it will be attached to. If the connection is a ball, then you should use high-strength anti-rattle hitch balls.
These are much stronger than standard steel balls and they have special rubber inside that stops any movement that could cause noise or damage.
If your vehicle has a flatbed with stake pockets, cleats, or holes for a pin box, then you may need to attach the anti-rattle device to these installations.
Look for a hitch that is compatible with your vehicle’s attachments and has an extension, which will fit into stake pockets and cleats.
Choose a design of Best Homemade Anti Rattle Hitch that is right for you: There are several different types of homemade hitches, including the following:
– Quick-release, which uses a spring to tighten the cable or strap around your cargo. This method is fairly easy to use and requires little effort on your part. You just pull down on a lever or a button until you’ve tightened the load.
– Button type, which has a button that you push to tighten the strap or cable around your cargo. This method is fairly easy to use and requires little effort on your part.
However, after it’s been used a few times, the button may become harder to push down when tightening the strap.
– Ratchet and a strap, which uses a ratcheting device to tighten the strap or cable around your cargo. This method is fairly easy to use and requires little effort on your part.
However, after it’s been used a few times, the teeth may become harder to turn when tightening the strap.
– Ratchet type with the release lever, which has a ratcheting device to tighten the strap or cable around your cargo.
This method is fairly easy to use and requires little effort on your part. However, after it’s been used a few times, the teeth may become harder to turn when tightening the strap.
– Lever-type with the release, which has a steel handle that you pull back and release to tighten the strap or cable around your cargo.
This method is fairly easy to use but requires more effort on your part. However, after it’s been used a few times, the handle may become harder to pull back and release.
Choose a quality material of Best Homemade Anti Rattle Hitch that you can afford: There are many quality materials to choose from, including the following:
– Stainless steel is a very durable material and it does not rust or corrode. However, it is more expensive than most other materials.
– Aluminum is also a very durable material that does not rust or corrode. It also has the ability to resist high heat so that there is less of a chance that anything will warp or melt. However, it is more expensive than most other materials.
– Polyurethane rubber is an inexpensive material and it comes in many different sizes and shapes so that you can get the right fit for your needs.
It has the ability to cushion any movement and absorb shock if there is any accidental impact. The only downside is that it can wear out faster if you have to tighten and loosen the straps often.
FAQs about Best Homemade Anti Rattle Hitch
What is anti-rattle hitch?
An anti-rattle hitch is a device placed on the trailer hitch, load bars or any other area on a vehicle where cargo is loaded.
Does the anti-rattle hitch come with hardware I need to attach to the back of my trailer?
The anti-rattle hitch does include hardware that needs to be attached to the back of your trailer. The device is made out of durable steel, and it comes with stainless steel nuts and bolts.
All of the hardware is useable with most makes and models. At the time of purchase, you will receive a small packet containing all the pieces needed for installation.
What is the difference between an electric or manual anti-rattle hitch?
An electric anti-rattle hitch uses battery power to create resistance in the hitch when pressure is applied to the ball joint. This creates a vibration dampening effect in which any movement from cargo inside or outside on the vehicle becomes less significant
If you’re looking for a safe and secure way to transport your items on the road, it’s time to invest in the best homemade Anti-Rattle Hitch.
This simple device can help prevent accidents by keeping all of your precious cargo from shifting or shaking around during transit.
It also has a locking system that is easy to operate even when wearing gloves! We hope you can find the best hitch after reading our reviews in 2021!